The weekly newspaper “USSR” states that the former interior Minister Yakub Salimov, who was released on 21 st June, had an operation on his eyes in Moscow. Thus, the newspaper has denied media reports that Salimov had left Tajikistan to be treated in Germany.

"Yakub Salimov did not go to Germany and flew to Moscow. He was not in Tajikistan only three days. He was examined and had surgery in the famous clinic named after Svyatoslav Fyodorov and then he immediately returned to Dushanbe", - notes the edition.

As noted in the news, Yakub Salimov is at home now and he is engaged in repair of his house.

Previously, with the reference to the son of Yakub Salimov – Abubakr "Asia-Plus" reported that on the question of whether it was true that his father has left the Republic son replied: "At the moment he is not in Tajikistan - he flew into space".

We recall that after the release Yakub Salimov said in an interview with "Asia-Plus" that he feels fine, and does not feel any health problems, however he complained of blurred vision.

Yakub Salimov was released on 21 st of June 2016, after 13 years of detention. Former Minister of internal Affairs, the Ambassador of Tajikistan in Turkey, the head of Customs service of the Republic was arrested in Russia at the request of Tajik side thirteen years ago, on 21 st of June 2003 and extradited to Dushanbe. Closed trial of Yakub Salimov lasted five months. On 24 th of April 2005 Salimov was sentenced to 15 years of imprisonment with serving of sentence in strict regime colony. The Supreme Court of the Republic found him guilty of treason in conspiracy to seize power, banditry, abuse of office. Subsequently, his sentence was shortened under the Amnesty.

In the years of civil confrontation (1992-1993) Yakub Salimov was the commander of one of the detachments of the popular front. After reconciliation in December 1993 he was appointed Minister of internal Affairs of Tajikistan. In 1995 he was relieved of this post and sent as Ambassador to Turkey, where he worked for more than a year. After his return to Dushanbe and up to 1997 he was the head of the Customs Committee of the country.