DUSHANBE, July 25, Asia-Plus -- Chairman of the Tajik Council of Judges, Nusratullo Abdulloyev, told journalists on July 24 that criminal charges have been filed against only one judge in January-June 2006.
Besides, four judges have been dismissed at their own requests, the same number of judges has been sacked for failing to implement their duties properly, and four other judges have been dismissed in the connection with transfer to other jobs over the same six-month period, according to Abdulloyev.
“On the other side, 23 new judges, including four women, have been appointed over the first half-year of 2006,” the Council of Judges’ head said.
On the issue of improving the judges'' working conditions, Nusratullo Abdulloyev said that 130,400 Somonis have been provided so far this year for purchasing new furniture, office equipment and stationery and further 60,000 Somonis have been provided for supplying courts with fuels over the past six months.
On the measures to improve the judges’ living standards, Mr. Abdulloyev said that 30,000 Somonis and 40,000 Somonis have been provided over the same six-month period respectively for constructing houses for chairman of courts in Norak and Kolkhozobod districts.
Emomali Rahmon meets with Uzbek president in Samarkand to discuss cooperation
No water, no food: Central Asia reminded of the threats
New U.S. foreign policy priorities and possible consequences for Central Asia
The UN World Food Programme in Tajikistan invites to an online auction
Tajikistan aims for full utilization of its hydropower resources, says Tajik minister of energy
Tajikistan successfully completes EBRD's climate transition planning program
Tajik leader receives Tatarstan president to discuss cooperation
President appoints new members to Tajikistan’s upper chamber of parliament
Bread, sugar, vegetable oil, fuel: What supplies the Tajik Government is stockpiling
‘Europe is ready to respond’: European Commission chief reacts to new U.S. tariffs
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста