DUSHANBE, June 15, 2012, Asia-Plus -- A Kazakh official says Uzbekistan has refused to allow Kazakh troops to pass its territory en route to Tajikistan to take part in the joint military maneuvers with the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), Radio Liberty reported, referring to Interfax and ITAR-TASS.
Talking to journalists in the Tajik capital, Dushanbe, Kazakhstan''s military attaché Serik Zhumadilov said Kazakh troops had to make a detour via Kyrgyzstan to reach Tajikistan to take part in Peaceful Mission 2012 military exercises that started last week and ended on June 14.
Military units from China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, and Tajikistan took part in the exercises.
Uzbekistan refused to take part in the maneuvers even though it is an SCO member.
Meanwhile, Russian Deputy Defense Minister Dmitry Bulgakov said Thursday that the maneuvers have strengthened military cooperation between the SCO members.




First pilot container train successfully departs from China to Tajikistan
How a Tajikistani native made his way to one of the world’s most influential tech companies
Two traders arrested on the first day of Ramadan for overcharging on meat in Dushanbe
27 young men sentenced in Tajikistan last year for avoiding military service
Uzbekistan launches jury trial system as an experiment
Job market in Tajikistan: Somon.tj identifies most in-demand professions and market trends
Russian lawmaker proposes migrants should receive benefits only after 20 years of residence in Russia
Tajikistan in 2025: economic growth, inflation, and foreign trade
Police in Dushanbe urges entrepreneurs to avoid unjustified price increases during Ramadan
"No criminal cases have been initiated": Tajikistan has not punished citizens for participation in the war in Ukraine
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста