DUSHANBE, June 4, Asia-Plus – Rakhat Aliyev, Kazakh president’s son-in-law also former Kazakhstan’s Ambassador to Austria, has been released on bail, Russia’s RIA Novosti cited Gerhard Jarosch, a spokesman for the Austrian public prosecutor’s office, as saying.
Jarosch said that Aliyev had been released on 1 million euros. But he gave a written undertaking not to leave a place and must remain in Austria, Jarosch told RIA Novosti by telephone.
Aliyev, who is wanted in Kazakhstan in connection with an alleged abduction, was arrested on June 1.
In the meantime, Radio Liberty said that in an appeal to the Austrian government not to extradite him, Rakhat Aliyev told the Austrian magazine "Profil," in an article to be published on June 4 that his life and the lives of his family are endangered back in Kazakhstan.
Aliyev rejects the charges against him and blames them on presidential ambitions that he says he confided in President Nursultan Nazarbayev earlier this year.
No water, no food: Central Asia reminded of the threats
New U.S. foreign policy priorities and possible consequences for Central Asia
The UN World Food Programme in Tajikistan invites to an online auction
Tajikistan aims for full utilization of its hydropower resources, says Tajik minister of energy
Tajikistan successfully completes EBRD's climate transition planning program
Tajik leader receives Tatarstan president to discuss cooperation
President appoints new members to Tajikistan’s upper chamber of parliament
Bread, sugar, vegetable oil, fuel: What supplies the Tajik Government is stockpiling
‘Europe is ready to respond’: European Commission chief reacts to new U.S. tariffs
EU aims to deepen partnership with Central Asia’s nations at the upcoming Samarkand summit
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста