DUSHANBE, October 2, Asia-Plus -- A term for re-registration of all print media and printing houses with the Ministry of Culture (MoC) has been extended till the end of the year.    

Gulmahmad Davlatov, a spokesman for a MoC, said that the term for re-registration of the print media, printing houses and distributors of printings previously established by the ministry expired on October 1. 

“Some 340 republican newspapers and magazines, and printing houses have been reregistered with MoC by this date,” the spokesman said.

“Although the re-registration termed expired yesterday the ministry has made concessions and decided to extend the term till the end of the year,” said Davlatov, “At present, the main difficulties consist in re-registration of distributors of printings, because the majority of them do not have appropriate documents and only a few of them have patents for doing this business.”   

Under the rules of registration of publishing organizations and publishing activity of juridical entities, all publishing organizations and print media were supposed to be re-registered within three months after the government adopted this document on June 30.  

“However, not only regional newspapers and magazines but also some capital print media are not in hurry to be reregistered with the ministry,” said the spokesman, “Only five capital newspapers have to date submitted their documents for re-registration.”  

 We will recall that under the rules of registration of publishing organizations and publishing activity of juridical entities, all printing houses, print media and printing distributors irrespective of forms of property should be reregistered with the MoC.  Only publications of the ministries of defense and interior as well as state committee for national security are not subject to re-registration.