DUSHANBE, February 21, 2012, Asia-Plus -- The Committee for Emergency Situations (CES) under the Government of Tajikistan has released an avalanche risk warning.
Orif Nozimov, a spokesman for the CES, says the committee advises drivers not to travel unnecessarily to Gorno Badakhshan, Sughd province and Rasht Valley (eastern Tajikistan) until February 23 because there is risk of further avalanches in these areas.
“Recent torrential rail and heavy snowfalls have caused a series of avalanches that blocked in several places the highways connected Dushanbe to the mentioned regions,” the spokesman said, noting that the risk of further avalanches in the areas remains high.
Specialists from the CES and special machines are currently working in the avalanche sites, Nozimov added.





27 young men sentenced in Tajikistan last year for avoiding military service
Uzbekistan launches jury trial system as an experiment
Job market in Tajikistan: Somon.tj identifies most in-demand professions and market trends
Russian lawmaker proposes migrants should receive benefits only after 20 years of residence in Russia
Tajikistan in 2025: economic growth, inflation, and foreign trade
Police in Dushanbe urges entrepreneurs to avoid unjustified price increases during Ramadan
"No criminal cases have been initiated": Tajikistan has not punished citizens for participation in the war in Ukraine
Tajik, Kazakh railway companies agree to expand cooperation
Tajikistan reduces funeral benefit payments: government explains the reasons
Iran’s TPO head visits Tajikistan to strengthen industrial and commercial ties
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста