DUSHANBE, February 29, Asia-Plus -- Four persons were injured after a grenade exploded in one of residential houses in the village of Tangai in the Vahdat district.
Qurbonali Muhabbatov, chief prosecutor of Vahdat, says the incident took place on February 27. “The 11-year-old Abubakr found a hand grenade and brought it home. The family were watching TV when the grenade exploded in Abubakr’s hands,” said the prosecutor. “As a result of the explosion, Abubakr sustained serious injuries. His mother, the 12-year-old brother and the 14-year-old sister were also injured.”
The Vahdat prosecutor’s office is investigating the incident. “According to one of versions, the grenade is a legacy of the country’s civil war in the 1990s,” Muhabbatov noted.




Statistics vs. wallet: Tajikistan's rising income vs. stagnant quality of life
Kazakhstan's foreign minister visits Freedom IT-Hub in Dushanbe
Uzbekistan plans to launch "Mirzo Ulugbek" satellite and prepare first astronaut
405 people released from liability in Tajikistan for 'liking' extremist-related content
Russia approves agreement allowing migrants from Tajikistan to undergo medical exams before entering Russia
Tajik president holds talks with Kazakhstan's foreign minister to discuss cooperation
Tajik, Kazakh top diplomats discuss economic and cultural cooperation
9 million somoni found in inspector’s account: prosecutors uncover major energy sector embezzlement scheme
Tajikistan records 177 human trafficking cases last year
“They want to undermine our relations with China”: Tajik prosecutor-general on clashes along the Afghan-Tajik border
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста