The First Deputy Prime Minister’s son involved in a fatal Dushanbe car crash has given a written undertaking not to leave the place.
According to the Interior Ministry, the 23-year-old Farmouz Saidov, the son of the First Deputy Prime Minister Davlatali Saidov, is currently in a hospital undergoing treatment for injuries he sustained in a deadly traffic accident in Dushanbe last month.
“Faromouz Saidov has given a written undertaking not to leave the place,” a source at the Interior Ministry told Asia-Plus today morning.
According to him, the criminal proceedings have been instituted under the provisions of Article 212 (3) of Tajikistan’s Penal Code – violation of traffic regulations entailing death of two or more persons by negligence. The source refrained from giving further details.
The Interior Ministry is reportedly investigating the deadly crash involving the son of First Deputy Prime Minister Davlatali Saidov under the supervision of the Prosecutor-General’s Office.
As it had been reported earlier, the accident took place near Dushanbe Zoo in the night of September 10.
Faromouz Saidov’s Toyota Camry collided with a roadwork vehicle. As a result of the collision, two persons, including passenger of Faromouz Saidov, died on the spot.
The deceased have been identified as Hilola Rahimova, 25, resident of Dushanbe (passenger of Faromouz Saidov), and Rustam Sattorov, 30, resident of Varzob (employee of the Dushanbe public utilities).
The 23-year-old Faromouz Saidov sustained various types of injuries and was hospitalized.
Meanwhile, Radio Liberty’s Tajik Service reported on September 15 that a car driven by Faromouz Saidov slammed into a parked roadwork vehicle.
An official close to the investigation reportedly told RFE/RL’s Tajik Service on condition of anonymity that Saidov and his friends had left the Royal Club bar and were riding in his Toyota Camry at high speed when the incident occurred. But RFE/RL’s Tajik Service could not independently corroborate that assertion.
The Interior Ministry spokesman Umarjoni Emomali told RFE/RL that said police are treating the case as a "traffic accident" and “it should not be called a purposeful criminal act.”
Faromouz Saidov’s mother told RFE/RL’s Tajik Service that the crash had taken place because of technical problems with the car. “The car was bought just two weeks before the crash and Faromouz was not in a state of drunkenness,” the woman said.
According to her, the victims’ relatives did not file a complaint against her son but they are ready to provide financial assistance to the victims’ families.
First Deputy Prime Minister Davlatali Saidov was appointed in 2013 after serving as the head of the youth affairs committee and a stint as Tajikistan's ambassador to Japan.





Statistics vs. wallet: Tajikistan's rising income vs. stagnant quality of life
Kazakhstan's foreign minister visits Freedom IT-Hub in Dushanbe
Uzbekistan plans to launch "Mirzo Ulugbek" satellite and prepare first astronaut
405 people released from liability in Tajikistan for 'liking' extremist-related content
Russia approves agreement allowing migrants from Tajikistan to undergo medical exams before entering Russia
Tajik president holds talks with Kazakhstan's foreign minister to discuss cooperation
Tajik, Kazakh top diplomats discuss economic and cultural cooperation
9 million somoni found in inspector’s account: prosecutors uncover major energy sector embezzlement scheme
Tajikistan records 177 human trafficking cases last year
“They want to undermine our relations with China”: Tajik prosecutor-general on clashes along the Afghan-Tajik border
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста