The term of the investigation into a Dushanbe fatal car crash involving the First Deputy Prime Minister’s son has been extended for two months, a source at the Interior Ministry told Asia-Plus Friday afternoon.
According to him, the term of the investigation has been extended following request by the prosecutor for the purpose of ensuring “fair and unbiased investigation into the incident.” The source refrained from giving further details.
The Interior Ministry is reportedly investigating the deadly crash involving the 23-year-old Faromouz Saidov, the son of First Deputy Prime Minister Davlatali Saidov, under the supervision of the Prosecutor-General’s Office.
The criminal proceedings have been instituted under the provisions of Article 212 (3) of Tajikistan’s Penal Code – violation of traffic regulations entailing death of two or more persons by negligence.
As it had been reported earlier, the accident took place near Dushanbe Zoo in the night of September 10.
Faromouz Saidov’s Toyota Camry collided with a roadwork vehicle. As a result of the collision, two persons, including passenger of Faromouz Saidov, died on the spot.
The deceased have been identified as Hilola Rahimova, 25, resident of Dushanbe (passenger of Faromouz Saidov), and Rustam Sattorov, 30, resident of Varzob (employee of the Dushanbe public utilities).
The 23-year-old Faromouz Saidov sustained various types of injuries and was hospitalized.
Meanwhile, Radio Liberty’s Tajik Service reported on September 15 that a car driven by Faromouz Saidov slammed into a parked roadwork vehicle.
An official close to the investigation reportedly told RFE/RL’s Tajik Service on condition of anonymity that Saidov and his friends had left the Royal Club bar and were riding in his Toyota Camry at high speed when the incident occurred. But RFE/RL’s Tajik Service could not independently corroborate that assertion.
The Interior Ministry spokesman Umarjoni Emomali says police are treating the case as a “traffic accident” and “it should not be called a purposeful criminal act.”
Faromouz Saidov’s mother told RFE/RL’s Tajik Service that the crash had taken place because of technical problems with the car. “The car was bought just two weeks before the crash and Faromouz was not in a state of drunkenness,” the woman said.
According to her, the victims’ relatives did not file a complaint against her son but they are ready to provide financial assistance to the victims’ families.
First Deputy Prime Minister Davlatali Saidov was appointed in 2013 after serving as the head of the youth affairs committee and a stint as Tajikistan's ambassador to Japan.




Over 700 artistes in Tajikistan owe more than 660,000 somoni in taxes
How a resident of Khujand became energy-independent
Kazakhstan joins countries sending troops to Gaza: key agreements from the first Peace Council meeting
Murder of gas station cashier in Khatlon province: over 20 stab wounds
Tajik military recruitment official arrested for corruption and bribery
Tajikistan honors athletes with presidential awards for international achievements
Tajikistan's Security Council holds key meeting on national security
Tajikistan shuts down nearly 90 industrial enterprises in 2025
US dollar reportedly maintains dominance in Central Asia amid Chinese yuan hype
US-based company to invest $150 million in Uzbekistan’s gas station network
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста