DUSHANBE, June 10 2011, Asia-Plus -- Withdrawal of the U.S. troops from Afghanistan that is expected to begin on July 1 shows once again that it is impossible to resolve the Afghan problems only by force, Sattor Kholov, deputy head of the Majlisi Namoyandagon (Tajikistan’s lower chamber of parliament) Committee on Defense, Security and Public Order, said in an interview with Asia-Plus.
According to him, it already clear today that neither the Unites States nor its allies are going to fully leave Afghanistan in the near future, because they understand that such a move may destabilize the situation not only in the Central Asian region but in the world as a whole.
“I am sure that the NATO main contingent will remain in Afghanistan within the next few years, but the government of President Hamid Karzai and leadership of the Taliban movement must realize that they will fail to build their state over graves of their fellow-countrymen and ruins of their country,” Tajik MP said.
He noted that international community, international organizations and world superpowers must pay a special attention to reconstruction of Afghanistan’s economy, settlement of social problems and rehabilitation of agrarian sector of Afghanistan.
In the meantime, US media outlets report that outgoing U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates said that U.S. forces in Afghanistan step and withdraw in a responsible manner so that other components will be started and Afghan forces do not face threats. Secretary Gates said that the most important question is how many troops should withdraw and the nature of risks associated with it will be.
Dushanbe to host large IT event next week
USD/TJS exchange rate decreasing
Emomali Rahmon announces plans to expand Tajik exports to European markets
Tajikistan increases areas of orchards and vineyards
Dushanbe’s heat distributing network now buys thermal energy 50% more expensively. Will it increase for the population?
Director of the post office in Hisor accused of embezzling over US$9,500
In 2024 alone, USAID spent US$60.3 million on Tajikistan
“There are no winners in trade wars.” How the world is reacting to Trump’s tariffs
A woman who had been on the run for 11 years was arrested in Dushanbe
Gala dinner in Abu Dhabi: Tajikistan opens its doors to investors
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста