DUSHANBE, November 11, 2008, Asia-Plus  -- Dushanbe Mayor Mahmadsaid Ubaidulloyev yesterday presided over a meeting to discuss Dushanbe’s economic results.

Speaking in an interview with Asia-Plus, Shavkat Saidov, a spokesman for the Dushanbe mayor, said that issues related to the targeted use of plots and activities of the city tax service and electric systems had been the focus of the meeting.    

Relevant municipal services were charged to inspect the progress of implementation of resolutions on transferring a number of apartments in new residential buildings to the mayor’s office.  

Under mayor’s resolution, companies constructing residential buildings in Circle 1 (the center of Dushanbe) must transfer 10 percent of the total number of apartments to the mayor’s office and companies constructing residential buildings in Circle 2 transfer 5 percent, the spokesman said.    

The head of the Dushanbe directorate on state support for entrepreneurship Salimov was reprimanded and given time to remove shortcomings in the case of leasing and selling municipal properties.

The mayor also asked the city prosecutor’s office and anticorruption directorate to check activities of the passenger transport organizations Avtobus-1 (Bus-1), Avtobus-2 (Bus-2), Avtobus-3 (Bus-3) and Trolleybus as well the Dushanbenaqliyotkhizmatrason (passenger transport service).  

Speaking at the meeting, the mayor also criticized the Dushanbe electric systems and the Dushanbe electric systems head S. Atoyev was reprimanded.