DUSHANBE, May 3, 2011, Asia-Plus -- According to the Ministry of Interior (MoI), a large arms cache has been discovered in the southern Khatlon province.
The source at a MoI says police officers discovered the cache containing one hunting gun K-12, three RGD-5 hand grenades as well as more than 200 bullets of 7.62 mm caliber and 455 bullets of 5.45 mm caliber on May 2 while inspecting the Sarkokuli area in Hamadoni district.
According to the Interior Ministry data, 473 firearms, including 88 assault rifles, 60 pistols, 50 carbines, more than 50 rifles, more than 200 smooth-bore guns as well as a large amount of ammunition have been confiscated or surrendered to police stations across the country over the first three months of this year under the ongoing weapons collection.
The campaign to urge people to surrender weapons was launched in December 1994. Since then, more than 33,000 weapons have reportedly been confiscated or handed over to police stations.
No water, no food: Central Asia reminded of the threats
New U.S. foreign policy priorities and possible consequences for Central Asia
The UN World Food Programme in Tajikistan invites to an online auction
Tajikistan aims for full utilization of its hydropower resources, says Tajik minister of energy
Tajikistan successfully completes EBRD's climate transition planning program
Tajik leader receives Tatarstan president to discuss cooperation
President appoints new members to Tajikistan’s upper chamber of parliament
Bread, sugar, vegetable oil, fuel: What supplies the Tajik Government is stockpiling
‘Europe is ready to respond’: European Commission chief reacts to new U.S. tariffs
EU aims to deepen partnership with Central Asia’s nations at the upcoming Samarkand summit
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста