A rocket attack on the largest U.S. military hub in Afghanistan killed one person Monday, NATO said, while Afghan authorities in the country''s east prevented three would-be suicide bombers from attacking a security post.
The rocket attack targeted the sprawling Bagram Air Field, north of the capital, Kabul. A NATO spokesman would not say whether the victim was a service member or a civilian.
Abdullah Adil, the police chief in the Bagram district of Parwan province, said one rocket was fired onto the grounds of the base at about 4 a.m. A Taliban spokesman told The Associated Press that two rockets were fired on the base.
Bagram is home to some 24,000 military personnel and civilian contractors supporting the war against the Taliban insurgency. While well protected and located in a relatively quiet area, the more than 5,000-acre (2,000-hectare) base is still susceptible to rocket and mortar attacks. Last year, insurgents launched more than a dozen attacks on Bagram, killing at least four people.



Over 700 artistes in Tajikistan owe more than 660,000 somoni in taxes
How a resident of Khujand became energy-independent
Kazakhstan joins countries sending troops to Gaza: key agreements from the first Peace Council meeting
Murder of gas station cashier in Khatlon province: over 20 stab wounds
Tajik military recruitment official arrested for corruption and bribery
Tajikistan honors athletes with presidential awards for international achievements
Tajikistan's Security Council holds key meeting on national security
Tajikistan shuts down nearly 90 industrial enterprises in 2025
US dollar reportedly maintains dominance in Central Asia amid Chinese yuan hype
US-based company to invest $150 million in Uzbekistan’s gas station network
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста